Sunday, April 11, 2010






I have two piles of bricks sitting in my driveway. They're left-overs from the outside stairway my friend Tim built me a couple years ago.

Finally i'm using them.

The pig paces by my front steps. Muddy, the grass won't grow, and i'm not willing to put him in a pen, so i'm making a brick path as big as i can until i use those piles up. 75 gone so far, and I have around 600+ still to go. 2 trips to Ace this weekend have yielded a shovel i'm going to return, (i like the edger-shovel better that Tim left here years ago) 7 bags of sand, another pair of rubber tipped gloves and a chisel. I'm totally pushing my carpel tunnel barrier, I know this. My right thumb and pinky are at half mast, but i'm excited to have an outdoor project. It's going to look like perfectly messed up grid-paper. Some of the bricks have become bright red too from all the rogue spray painting projects performed on top of the piles last summer. I'm quite happy about this unfolding. I'm trying to scatter the reds.

No comments: